A very low cost module (< $3) with excellent Features:
- LCD display of frequency and duty cycle
- PWM output can be set to the specified frequency and duty cycle.
- Wide frequency range with high accuracy;
- Serial communication features, TTL level
The module has four independent buttons, used to set the frequency and duty cycle, momentary press (increase or decrease by a unit) and long press (fast increase or decrease). Parameters get automatically saved, even after switching off and then switching on.
PWM output, one can set frequency & duty cycle;
It has 4 Frequency ranges, automatic switching:
1 xxx (no decimal point): the smallest is 1Hz, range 1Hz to 999Hz;
2 x.xx (decimal point at hundred) the smallest is 0.01Khz, trange of 1.00Khz to 9.99Khz;
3 xx.x (decimal at in ten): the smallest unit is 0.1Khz; value range of 10.0KHz ~ 99.9KHz
4 x.x.x (decimal at ten and hundred): the smallest is 1Khz; range 1KHz ~ 150KHz
5 Frequency display:
100 displayed= output 100Hz pulse; 1.01 displayed =output 1.01K pulse; 54.1 displayed = output pulse of 54.1 kHz;
1.2.4 displayed = output 124 kHz pulse;
6 Duty cycle range: 0 to 100%;
7 All settings at power-down gets automatically saved.
- Operating voltage: 3.3 ~ 30V;
- Frequency range: 1Hz ~ 150KHz;
- Frequency accuracy: 2%;
- Signal loading capacity: output current from 5 to 30ma;
- Output amplitude: Of PWM = supply voltage;
- Ambient temperature: -20 to +70 degre c
- For lab used as a square wave signal generator,
- Can be used with transistor to control motor speed;
- Gives adjustable pulse for Microcontroller use;
- Delivers adjustable pulse, to get (PWM dimming and other applications).
- serial control (single-chip TTL level communication)
Serial Communication standard:
9600 bps Data bits: 8
Stop bit: 1
Check digit: none
Flow control: none
- Set the frequency of the PWM
“F101”: Set the frequency to 101 HZ (001 to 999)
“F1.05”: Set the frequency of 1.05 KHZ (1.00 to 9.99)
“F10.5”: Set the frequency to 10.5KHZ (10.0 to 99.9)
“F1.0.5”: set the frequency of 105KHZ (1.0.0 to 1.5.0)
- Set the PWM duty cycle
“DXXX”: set the PWM duty cycle to XXX; (001 ~ 100)
Such as D050, set the PWM duty cycle is 50%
- Reading the set parameters
Send a “read” string to read the set parameters.
Set successfully return: DOWN;
Setup failed to return: FALL.
Module Image credit